Spinal Turning Beds for Injury Treatment
Nexus complex care spinal turning bed has been developed for the treatment of complex trauma, including multiple injuries, spinal, and spinal cord injuries and acute medical conditions.
What is Legacy?
Legacy is a mechanical turning bed developed for the treatment of complex trauma, including multiple injuries, spinal, and spinal cord injuries. With extensive input from clinicians and specialist nursing staff, its operation has been designed to reduce the physical strain for nursing staff, as well as to preserve patient safety during turning, transfer and treatment.
Patients until now deemed “not for turning” can now be turned safely and comfortably – improving care without compromising their condition, injuring nursing staff or draining resources. Talk to our professional staff to learn more.
Nexus Complex care spinal turning bed has many assets for patient care:
- Turn/log-roll critically injured patients safely without further trauma or discomfort
- Reduce multi-system complications such as pressure ulcers, UTIs, & DVTs
- Prevent pneumonia and septicemia
- Turn patients with a single operator, freeing staff for other duties
- Dramatically reduce the physical strain on nursing staff
- Universally position patients for the treatment of spinal and pelvic injuries, neurological and general trauma, and for physiotherapy during rehabilitation
- Maintain spinal alignment without compromising care
- Mechanically-aid patient transfer from point of admission onwards
- Reduce the need for expensive ECMO treatment
- Improve patient care, outcomes and recovery times
Calm and comfort disturbed patients
The Embrace Hold has been observed to have a calming effect on disturbed patients (particularly those with brain injuries), helping them to feel safe and aiding in their psychological recovery from trauma.
Improve prognosis and recovery times
By eliminating secondary complications and keeping focus on the primary cause of hospitalisation, patient outcomes improve, and the recovery period is quicker, reducing through-put times.
Contact us for more information
If you would like to find out more about the Nexus Complete Care Spinal Turning Bed, or any of the hospital equipment available for purchase at Simple Solutions International, please feel free to get in contact with our friendly and helpful team of staff. We’re always happy to discuss our product range with our valued customers, and assist you to find the right product for your needs.
Fill out an enquiry form on our contact page or give us a call on (+61) 8 9388 3004 and one of our staff will be happy to help out with your question.